The Athletes Care Association (ACA) is an organization dedicated to help former FSU football players improve their quality of life. ACA addresses all aspects of life by providing assistance with community, emotional, financial, medical hardship and shelter issues. ACA relies on membership dues from former FSU players, donations and fundraisers to provide grant assistance for former players who have demonstrated dire needs.
ACA Grant Guidelines
- All grants shall be made on an objective and non-discriminatory basis without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age or disability.
- All grants shall be awarded on a case-by-case basis.
- The Board of Directors shall have discretion to interpret the guidelines and shall have the final authority to make the determination as to all grants.
- The Association's directors, officers, employees and their family members are not eligible to receive grant awards or other support from the Association.
ACA Grant Eligibility
Grant applications are considered on a case-by-case basis with reference to the following eligibility guidelines:
Grants Supported By ACA
- Basic living expenses including clothes, food and utilities(electric, water or gas).
- Shelter which may include rental assistance.
- On-going quality of life expenses such as prescription medications.
- Public transportation assistance.
- Funeral expenses.
- Tuition assistance.